Data Management Tools
Tools and Techniques for Handling your Data
The OpenNRM data management framework can handle a variety of structured and unstructured data types, formats and protocols. Using proprietary methods developed over hundreds of use cases, we can aggregate data from a variety of remote or local locations so that it can be consumed and managed by you and your team.
- Data Collection: OpenNRM data collection tools can automate the aggregation and collection of your data sources including extraction, transformation, normalization and delivery. Our services include scheduling capability, parsers and data formatting.
- Custom Data: Our professional services division can support your custom data needs to include local, remote, commercial and open data repositories. We currently support more than 100 formats including: TAB, SOS, REST, XML, JSON, Shapefiles, WMS, netCDF or alternatively formatted data.
- Data Discovery: OpenNRM emphasizes the use of geographic extents by using our map interface as a primary vehicle for data discovery and analysis.
- Real Time Data and Sensor Networks: Accessing real-time data in various formats is a key component of OpenNRM. Formats include TAB, SOS, REST, XML or alternative formatted data. The OpenNRM web map services and live conditions module aggregates live station data and maps the information. The data is made available in a map and graphic interface and linked to historical data for snapshot graphs or more extensive graph based time series analysis. The service is also capable of providing the user with animated sequences and simulations of data in order to view trends or key data points. The OpenNRM web based tool is used for managing and maintenance of real time station networks.
- Data Services Catalog: OpenNRM Data Services Catalog currently includes instant access to federal and state data services sources. Access to existing data catalogs are offered as a subscription service.
Note: To support the data intensive and multidisciplinary nature of remote data usage, OpenNRM is working with key NSF players to develop caching features, subsetting services, array-style index constraints, predicate-style filters and pre-retrieval operations for statistical summarization, regridding and resampling, criteria-driven subset creation and feature extraction.